CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Graphiteone 3d modeller for Linux

Posted by Brian Worth
on 2008-02-08 11:08:29 UTC
I downloaded and installed this programme on Mandrake
a few years ago, and was really impressed with its
capabilities. There were a few issues, notably a
strange menu system and its 3d export and import were
a bit suspect, but I believe these are sorted now.
There was a REALLY good downloadable manual (unlike
the mega $ -pay-for-every-damn-thing cad systems that
seem to abound nowadays). Also, if you are able to
programme a bit in python, then you could re-hash it
to do pretty much anything. I put it aside then as I
really needed good 3d translators but maybe I must
look at it again... Also, it is free for private
usage, but there is a fee for commercial usage (on the
honor system)

Regards,

Brian

http://linux4engineering.org/index.php?option=com_fireboard&func=view&id=4&catid=30

> and here's a link for the Ubuntu distro:

> I downloaded the fedora core 8 live CD and installed
> it to a disk,
> then got the 3 modelling program components. It
> choked on
> installation so I had to also download 2 additional
> libc files and
> run 'nano' text editor to modify 2 python files, all
> explained in
> the first link. Looks good so far.
> cheers,
> Denis

Support the World Aids Awareness campaign this month with Yahoo! For Good http://uk.promotions.yahoo.com/forgood/

Discussion Thread

dcassyc1 2008-02-08 10:31:09 UTC Graphiteone 3d modeller for Linux Brian Worth 2008-02-08 11:08:29 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Graphiteone 3d modeller for Linux stan 2008-02-19 05:04:25 UTC ref: Graphiteone 3d modeller for Linux