CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: a stepper motor to run auto pilot

on 2008-04-04 12:18:11 UTC
ANY output would work.

a pulse stream would be ideal, but just a voltage signal on the
parallel couild would if there was a second line that showed above or
below the direction (more north or more south)

Dave

--- In CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO@yahoogroups.com, David Speck <Dave@...> wrote:

> Bill,
>
> I looked at the site you mentioned, but I don't see any mention of
any
> sort of physical electronic output capabilities from the program
beyond
> the screen display. Looks to me like it shows you something on the
> screen but you are responsible for turning the rudder yourself.
>
> The program would have to produce some sort of electronic control
output
> -- step and direction pulses, or more likely, RS-232 command
strings,
> that you would have to intercept with a little dedicated
microcomputer
> to produce step and direction pulses for your rudder stepper. I
don't
> see any capabilities like that mentioned.
>
> Sorry,
>
> Dave
>
> jumpnkd wrote:
> > Any one know hot to tie a stepper circuit in to a nav program for
> > auto pilot on a boat?
> > using this nav program on a laptop:http://www.tiki-navigator.com/
> > I have played with steppers on a CNC machine i made and this
group was
> > big help then, so i thought I would ask again for help.
> > Bill White

Discussion Thread

jumpnkd 2008-03-29 11:16:45 UTC a stepper motor to run auto pilot David Speck 2008-03-29 16:58:59 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] a stepper motor to run auto pilot turbulatordude 2008-04-04 12:18:11 UTC Re: a stepper motor to run auto pilot