CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] HOBBY-COMMERICIAL CNC OPINION?????

on 2008-04-27 05:24:09 UTC
Do you want to build some ? after all its cced ...

A guaranteed success is a mechmate with heavy linear rails and servos.
It will be better than commercial stuff at that price.
Plans at mechmate com. Free plans, very good, many built,
semi-industrial quality.
Normally mechmate does not use industrial linear rails.

Your build cost is about 5000 $ with 3x800 w servos.
It will take about 1-2 months.

The rails are the nr1 difference between mechmate and commercial offerings.
Servos are nr 2.
Servos are about 600$/axis, so 1800 $ for 3.

About 1000 $ frame and sundries.
About 1500$ electronics, pc cables etc.
About 600 $ for 3.5 hp good quality router.
About 3000 $ for industrial spindle. For your use, I would buy the
spindle. Colombo, Kress etc. You can perfectly well start with a router.

Mach3 and sheetcam for sw, about 300$.

For 6k$ in parts you have a running machine - expect about 1-2 months work.
The linear rails bought new will be expensive (double your cost) but will
a.double your rapid speeds
b.double your accuracy
c.half the noise and vibration
Give your industrial speeds and quality.

FYI - I have a set of pristine 8 ft linear rails for 1800$ - thk 55 mm x
8 ft with 3 blocks each, total 6 blocks.
New ones are 7-8000$. Long x axis only.
Note that a good big thk 55 mm block is 1000 $ each - for 2 blocks/rail
x 2 rails + rail == 8000$.

For the shorter axis a smaller rail and block, 20-25 mm will be fine.
About 1500-2000 $ new.

mycncworld wrote:

> To all the commerical cnc members.... I'am in the looking stage of
> shopping for a cnc wood router, quality would be between hobby and
> commerical built. The machine would be used for signage, and cabinet
> work, and would need to be 96 x 48" in size, with a price tag of
> $20,000 or less.
>
> I would appreciate any input from the brands, types and options that
> should be considered.
>
> Thanks in advance,
> Russ
>
> __._

Discussion Thread

mycncworld 2008-04-27 05:06:44 UTC HOBBY-COMMERICIAL CNC OPINION????? gcode fi (hanermo) 2008-04-27 05:24:09 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] HOBBY-COMMERICIAL CNC OPINION?????