CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: CNC Workshop- Call for Presentations

on 2008-05-01 09:17:34 UTC
Hi Ron,

I gave a couple of talks last year and offer
to give some this year.

Main issue for me seems to be that everybody
wants to go to all the talks, so simultaneous
sessions seem to be an concern. Not that I
have any good solutions.

Topics I can try to cover include:

1) Electrical noise, signal quality, grounding,
and safety.

2) Motors - types, features, uses, drivers, how
to identify mystery motors

3) Achieving precision machining in the real world,
what are the sources of error

I am not a morning person, so I prefer to present
in sessions after lunch. With luck I will be there
for the whole week, but think attendance is highest
Friday and Saturday, so I prefer those days to
present. Whiteboard is desirable, but I do not
need to set up machinery for my talks.

Cheers,
Steve Stallings
PMDX

--- In CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO@yahoogroups.com, Ron Ginger <ronginger@...>
wrote:

> Its just about 6 weeks until the annual CNC workshop in Galesburg
> Illinois. I spoke to Roland the other day and he is now working on
the
> seminar agenda.
>
> If you have been doing some CNC work and want to give a seminar
about
> your work please contact Roland with your topic and the time you
need.
> We want to hear from lots of guys with their hands-on experience.
>
> He would also be interested in specific requests for seminar topics.
>
> Lets make this the best workshop ever, get those seminar topics
ready
> and contact Roland. He wants to see a full agenda published in the
next
> 2 weeks or so.
>
> Send seminar topics to info@...
>

> ron ginger

Discussion Thread

Ron Ginger 2008-05-01 05:35:49 UTC CNC Workshop- Call for Presentations Steve Stallings 2008-05-01 09:17:34 UTC Re: CNC Workshop- Call for Presentations