CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] How to mount a chuck on a rotary table ?

Posted by g bon
on 2008-05-31 16:20:28 UTC
Thanks a lot.
It's clear for me now.
GB
----- Original Message -----
From: "Michael Fagan" <woodworker88@...>
To: <CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO@yahoogroups.com>
Sent: Friday, May 30, 2008 4:29 AM
Subject: Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] How to mount a chuck on a rotary table ?

> The easiest way is to buy a front-mount chuck, which has bolts that go
> through the face of the chuck, rather than a rear-mount chuck which
> needs bolts that go through the back. Then, you should make sure that
> the bolt circle of the mounting bolts falls in the tee slots of the
> rotary table. Also, make sure that the bolt pattern (3 bolts, 4
> bolts, 6 bolts, whatever) matches the pattern of the rotary table tee
> slots. If all of these are true, then you can simply make tee nuts
> that match the chuck's mounting bolts. More than likely, one of these
> won't work, so you'll need to make an adaptor plate, which has
> countersunk holes for the rotary table mounting and tapped holes for
> the chuck mounting. If you're going to make one of these, take the
> extra time to drill and tap standard holes for mounting work directly
> to the backing plate. Once you have it mounted to the rotary table,
> it is easy to make patterns of holes.
>
> On Tue, May 27, 2008 at 5:36 AM, g bon <g.bon2@...> wrote:
>> I would like to mount a 150mm chuck on a 150mm rotary table.
>> I've seen some photo of this system on the web but how is it possible to
>> mount ?
>> I would like to choose a rotary table and a chuxk before buying.
>> So, any advice, links or explainations on how to install this ?
>>
>> thanks,

Discussion Thread

g bon 2008-05-29 04:58:02 UTC How to mount a chuck on a rotary table ? Monte 2008-05-29 05:10:43 UTC Re: How to mount a chuck on a rotary table ? Michael Fagan 2008-05-29 19:29:25 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] How to mount a chuck on a rotary table ? g bon 2008-05-31 16:20:28 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] How to mount a chuck on a rotary table ?