CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: Z -ve Limit Switch

on 2008-06-01 11:29:06 UTC
--- In CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO@yahoogroups.com, "Steve Tompson"
<steve.tompson@...> wrote:

> I'm setting up Limit Switches on my Proxxon Micro Mill. I've noticed in
> wiring diagrams collected off the net that some people don't set a limit
> on -ve Z (I think that's down towards the table?). I would like to
fit an
> adjustable switch for this limit so that I can set it when I am
proposing to
> machine perilously close to the table surface.
>
> What do other people do?
>
> Thanks
> Steve Tompson
> Bearsted, England

I built an ultrasonic scanning tank with two gantries for various
payloads of different lengths, I really didn't want the gantries or
their loads (expensive transducers) to clash so I added a reed switch
to one of them and a telescopic magnetic pick up tool to the other,
this provided totally adjustable limiting. You could do a very
similar thing.

Graham

Discussion Thread

Steve Tompson 2008-05-31 16:20:15 UTC Z -ve Limit Switch Graham Stabler 2008-06-01 11:29:06 UTC Re: Z -ve Limit Switch