CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: PUMA 560

Posted by samcoinc2001
on 2008-07-21 05:50:20 UTC
I also have a puma 560 that I plan on getting running. I will probably
end up making my servo amps.. Something pretty close to this (I have
not tested it yet totally)
http://www.electronicsam.com/images/KandT/servostart/Newschem3.png
It takes pwm-up/pwm-down.

You wouldn't happen to know the current for each servo? I know they
are 48v according to the manual... but I don't see max currents for
each servo...
http://www.electronicsam.com/images/puma/pumaarm.jpg

I will be using emc2 to run it..

(I was playing with vismach within emc modifying the existing puma sim)
http://www.electronicsam.com/images/puma/Screenshot-tk-1.png

thanks
sam

--- In CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO@yahoogroups.com, "pecorns" <pecorns@...> wrote:

> Hello
> I am Cornelius and i am working on a trying to refurbish a PUMA 560
> Robot arm at Tshwane University of Technology in Pretoria, South
> Africa. I am working with a motion control
> card(ServoToGo) and i am trying to find an amplifier in
> order to control the motor 40V(DC)brushed permanent Magnet. I would
> like the amplifier to have the capability of handling more than one
> motor. Could you help me deciding what to buy and where to buy?
online?
> Please kindly give me as many amplifiers suppliers as possible that
can
> accept input of +-10V from he control card.

Discussion Thread

pecorns 2008-07-17 18:51:25 UTC PUMA 560 samcoinc2001 2008-07-21 05:50:20 UTC Re: PUMA 560