CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: Easy DRO For Lathe

Posted by totallyrc
on 2009-01-03 06:50:31 UTC
--- In CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO@yahoogroups.com, "Jim Reed" <jsreed@...> wrote:

> Look up wiki.linuxcnc.org/cgi-bin/emcinfo.pl?PyVCP . It has a 3
axis
> DRO that fills up the whole screen. The folks at LinuxCNC or I can
> change it to 1 or 2 axis. I don't know what a roller type DRO is,
but
> can help a little with the display side. The DRO shown will handle
> any quadrature type digital input.
>
> The people at LinuxCNC are very helpful.
> >
> > Dear friends
> > I wants Encoder based Roller type Easy DRO for my lathe cross
slide,
> > which can be viewed on computer screen ,Can any one tell me how to
> do it ?
> > Best regards
> > Kris

A roller type I believe is how my SWI dro works on my mill. It
bassically has a rubber? wheel which rides on the flat surface of the
table and has an encoder connected to it, as opposed to a rack and
pinion or a glass scale.
The roller type is great for inexpensive machines as I would assume
that it will not hold position after many cycles back and forth, but
for Joe average, who does 3 or 4 pieces and then changes setup, it
works out real well.

Mike

Discussion Thread

friends000ever 2009-01-02 11:12:14 UTC Easy DRO For Lathe Jim Reed 2009-01-02 12:42:04 UTC Re: Easy DRO For Lathe totallyrc 2009-01-03 06:50:31 UTC Re: Easy DRO For Lathe Ed 2009-01-03 09:26:11 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Re: Easy DRO For Lathe