CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: Question regarding Tuning Servo motors

Posted by danmauch
on 2009-01-04 08:44:59 UTC
Have you ground the shield to the power ground on only one end of the
encoder cable?
Have you ground only one end of the servo motor power cable on only
one end as it is supposed to be?
How long is your encoder cable?
I take it that you have a differential encoder with ten leads?
Are you using a line driver?

--- In CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO@yahoogroups.com, "Preston Engebretson"
<thecount4390@...> wrote:

> Dan and Tom, Thanks for your replies...
>
> The rate multiplies on x and y were set to 1X and ran well.
>
> The rate multiplier on the z was set at 1X but would not work until
> changed it to 2X.
>
> The max RPM on any of the motors is less than 100 RPM.
>
> Just how far from the power cable should the encoder cable actually
> rest? I'm using very good shielded multi conductor cable for the
> encoders...each pair of wires is shielded and then the entire
bundle
> of 5 pairs is also shielded...
>
> We are still getting spradic faults...and sometimes it's on a Gecko
> other than the one we are running during the test...any ideas on
this
> front?
>
> Thanks Again,
>
> Preston

Discussion Thread

Preston Engebretson 2009-01-01 10:46:35 UTC Question regarding Tuning Servo motors Dan Mauch 2009-01-01 11:31:16 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Question regarding Tuning Servo motors caudlet 2009-01-02 08:44:07 UTC Re: Question regarding Tuning Servo motors Preston Engebretson 2009-01-03 23:00:22 UTC Re: Question regarding Tuning Servo motors danmauch 2009-01-04 08:44:59 UTC Re: Question regarding Tuning Servo motors