CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Re: help in selection of servo motor

on 2009-01-17 00:23:44 UTC
Hi All,

With reference to below email. I am still facing problem in commissioning the drive. i have following questions.

1) in existing motor there is a resolver, can i use encoder in place of resolver ? or can i use a resolver that is compatible with my drive ? bcoz i dont have specs of existing resolver.

2) can any one recommend me the product. i want the drive with analog reference.

Regards
Shumaim
--- On Sat, 10/18/08, caudlet <thom@...> wrote:

From: caudlet <thom@...>
Subject: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Re: help in selection of servo motor
To: CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO@yahoogroups.com
Date: Saturday, October 18, 2008, 11:23 PM

--- In CAD_CAM_EDM_ DRO@yahoogroups. com, Shumaim Shaheer
<shumaimshaheer@ ...> wrote:

> Dear All,
>
> I have following data of servo motor. could you please help me in
selecting the drive.

> Also please tell me how to calculate the voltage , current,
frequency & Kilo watt from the following data.

> Mo/Mn 26.0 /18.0 Nm
>
> Io/In 20.0/ 15.7 A
>
> n 3000 min
>
> Iomax 83.6 A
>
> R= 0.45 ohm
>
> Jr 86.96 kgcm3
>
> KV 47.36 V/1000 min
>
> Regards
> Shumaim

> Do You Yahoo!?
> http://mail. yahoo.com

Those are some pretty big motors and to drive them up to their ratings
you are going to need bigger servo Drivers than most of the lower cost
drive can provide. The running and peak currents put them outside the
capability and it looks like they are 160VDC or higher drives. They
take approx 50volts per 1000 RPM. There is no max voltage rating in
the specs so you have to assume that about 3000 to 4000 RPM is the top
RPM and the applied voltage needed to get there.

You can look at

http://www.granited evices.fi/
http://pico- systems.com/ pwmservo. html
http://www.rutex. com/aus/index. php?productID= 117

None of those will meet the peak current specs of your motors.

All of this assumes these are DC brushed servo motors and not BLDC.

Tom Caudle

Shumaim Shaheer 2008-10-18 04:36:16 UTC help in selection of servo motor caudlet 2008-10-18 11:23:59 UTC Re: help in selection of servo motor Jon Elson 2008-10-18 11:26:58 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] help in selection of servo motor Shumaim Shaheer 2008-10-19 12:40:27 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] help in selection of servo motor Jon Elson 2008-10-19 14:07:42 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] help in selection of servo motor Shumaim Shaheer 2009-01-17 00:23:44 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Re: help in selection of servo motor gcode fi (hanermo) 2009-01-17 01:04:50 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Re: help in selection of servo motor