CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

MIT Videos - was: What this hobby needs: A place to start.

on 2009-03-06 09:12:18 UTC
Great link HighlyCaffeinated.

I only watched the first one and already have a list of new tools to buy
that I previously didn't even know existed. J

Thanks for providing it,

Eric Q.

From: CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO@yahoogroups.com
[mailto:CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of HighlyCaffeinated
Sent: Thursday, March 05, 2009 4:35 AM
To: CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] What this hobby needs: A place to start.

At any rate, a local group of model engine builders I've come in contact
with sent out an email with some extremely valuable information that I
thought would fit right in with the recent topic of bringing new
machinists-to-be up to speed on some fundamental skills. It is MIT's intro
to machining video series for their robotics lab.
The videos can be found here: http://techtv.mit.edu/search?q=machine+shop
<http://techtv.mit.edu/search?q=machine+shop&x=41&y=10> &x=41&y=10

These are an extremely good primer to the machine shop, the tools you might
find there, and their basic usage. Best of all, they are free.
I hope they help someone else as much as they did me... I will be rewatching
them a number of times to make certain it all sinks in. Also, note that
there are links in the right side of the page to allow you to download the
videos to your local machine. If you choose the wmv format, they will save
with an .avi extension. Change the filename from *.avi to *.wmv or they will
upset windows media player and not play.

HighlyCaffeinated 2009-03-05 11:37:33 UTC What this hobby needs: A place to start. Eric Quarnstrom 2009-03-06 09:12:18 UTC MIT Videos - was: What this hobby needs: A place to start.