CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

RE: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] hme made cnc mill

Posted by Bob Campbell
on 2009-03-09 14:44:28 UTC
Doug,

You can contact me off line and I will help you.

Bob Campbell
Bob Campbell Designs.com
www.campbelldesigns.com
Breakout boards
USB Pendants
Electrical Enclosures

-----Original Message-----
From: CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO@yahoogroups.com
[mailto:CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of Doug Pollard
Sent: Monday, March 09, 2009 3:36 PM
To: CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] hme made cnc mill

Hi all, I have a little bench top mill that I built from a drill
press. I have been doing some milling on and after some beefing up is
pretty solid.
A little about me: I run nc a little in the 1960's then programed
and ran a Hurco mill with conversational programing some later . For
about 3 months I ran a 26" swing Wasino lathe until we could get a good
programmer operator to make turbine rotors for us. So have have some
know how but its been a while.
I would like to use a couple of stepper motors to make a two axis
mill out of my drill press machine. I have a couple stepper motors out
of two fairly large dot matrix printers and I would like to use them. I
am thinking to maybe need to slow down and increase tork with a couple
belt drives. If I could get 10 to 20 inches a minute out of mill I
would be happy.
I would appreciate any advice with this project. I donate a
little machine work in repairing microscopes for a nonprofit group that
sends medical supplies to third world countries. I can make these parts
manually but I think it would be fun to make some of the parts on a
little two axis machine.

Thanks for any help and advice,

Doug

[Moderators]

OFF Topic POSTS: General Machining
If you wish to post on unlimited OT subjects goto:
you have trouble.