CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Depth of piece

on 2009-03-26 22:10:40 UTC
Thanks for that.

And I just realised that with a stop fixed in the collet, one could touch
off the face of the collet as a reference.

Regards
Roland

2009/3/25 Drew Rogge <drew@...>

> There are things called spindle stops which wedge themselves in the
> spindle bore and not in the collet. If the parts are so short that
> they don't reach into the spindle bore then a bar is attached to the
> stop that extends up into the collet. Also most collets repeat pretty
> good in Z if the parts are all the same diameter and the collet is
> tightened up the same amount every time.
>

> Roland Jollivet wrote:
> > Hi
> >
> > Can anyone tell me how a cnc machine references length in a collet chuck?
> > Example. If I have a number of 1/4in x 1in rods, and I want to round the
> one
> > end. The final, total length must be exact.
> > Manually, I would face both ends, measure it, chuck it, and reference to
> the
> > protruding end, then round it
> >
> > In a collet chuck, the piece is pulled in with the chuck, so a back stop
> > can't be used?
> > So how would a cnc lathe using a collet chuck(and front loading) round a
> 100
> > pieces? What is the procedure?
> >
> > I think that maybe the answer is that a CNC machine with collet chuck
> feeds
> > the work out, so it would;
> > - turn the end round
> > - part off
> >
> > Regards
> > Roland

Roland Jollivet 2009-03-25 10:20:19 UTC [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Depth of piece Drew Rogge 2009-03-25 10:33:47 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Depth of piece Jon Elson 2009-03-25 19:30:29 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Depth of piece Roland Jollivet 2009-03-26 22:10:40 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Depth of piece