CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Millend cutters for jewelery models...

on 2000-08-08 18:51:37 UTC
Hi All.

I suspect that the way to go here might be the so called "Dental Burrs"
Which in Oz at least are available from jewellery materials suppliers.
The range of sizes and shapes is huge, and they have normally either a
3/32" shank or a 1/8" shank. You will probably need to make a holder -
dead simple on the lathe. I made one adapter of each size for #3 Morse
taper, and one each parallel shank to fit into the 3/8" collet of the
milling chuck. They really need to be run faster than the mill will go
though.

Jim Gregg

At 08:35 PM 8/8/00 +0000, you wrote:
>Hello,
> Can anyone suggest some suppliers of millend cutters starting
>at .1mm(1/10mm) and up in "metric" sizes? Flat end, ball nose, flat
>end conical - get the idea? They are for jewelery models milled in
>white metal(4flute) and occasionally in wax (2flute).The jewelery
>supply places don't handle these nor do most of the machine supply
>places which deal mainly in inches. Also posted to other obvious
>groups.
>
>Thanks to All,
>Greg,
>gmiller@...

Discussion Thread

Greg Miller 2000-08-08 13:35:03 UTC Millend cutters for jewelery models... Alison & Jim Gregg 2000-08-08 18:51:37 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Millend cutters for jewelery models...