CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

RE: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Anyone using and old copy of CHOICECAD

Posted by Randall Wink
on 2009-11-25 13:30:15 UTC
If it's anything like AutoCAD, you'd enter 20,4 where 20 is the X coordinate
and 4 is the Y cooradinate separated by a comma. It appears the ChioceCAD
is expecting a predefined function. ACAD does about the same thing if you
enter the axis.

R Wink

_____

From: CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO@yahoogroups.com
[mailto:CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of Lionel
Sent: Wednesday, November 25, 2009 10:42 AM
To: CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Anyone using and old copy of CHOICECAD

I have a copy of ChoiceCad on an old laptop which I use occasionally. Not
used it for a couple of years now.

When I tried to start a drawing today I cannot get the program to accept the
co-ordinates.

Menu DRAW
Line Chained

enter first point of line

In Command Box I enter this X20 Y4

Press enter

Box pops up - unable to find function X20

I remember having this problem before and I thought then it was as simple as
adding a comma, X20,Y4 but the comma does not help either. Please can anyone
who has used Choicecad, tell me correct format to enter co-ordinates into
the Command line on top of screen.

From what I remember I just had to put in the X and Y coordinates and press
enter each time to build up a drawing, and then press the quit button to end
this function.

Thanks