CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] gcode question

Posted by Michael Fagan
on 2009-12-14 22:12:39 UTC
Basically what it's doing is that it's helical ramping into the part, but
then not doing a finish pass. You need to tell the CAM software to do a
finish pass after the helical roughing pass.

On Mon, Dec 14, 2009 at 23:54, ebiz_59 <chuckm@...> wrote:

> We rookies were trying to make some chain idlers (small disks with center
> hole, 4 hole bolt pattern) with our X2 cnc tonight and had some trouble
> getting a plunge to occur. The circles would cut, but they would start at
> the surface and plunge 0.10 inch gradually as they cut the 360 degree
> circles. I am new at this, and don't exactly know how this is supposed to
> happen, but I'm betting we either need to do in initial plunge for each
> circle, or we need to do a second pass around each circle without additional
> plunge so we finalize the cuts. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
> thanks Chuck
>
> N5 (File Name = idler on Monday, December 14, 2009)
>
> N10 (Default Mill Post)
>
> N15 G91.1
>
> N20 G0 Z1.0000
>
> N25 M3 S2000
>
> N30 X0.5415 Y0.4715
>
> N35 Z0.1000
>
> N40 G2 Z0.0000 I-0.0700 J0.0000 F5.00
>
> N45 G0 Z1.0000
>
> N50 X0.8505 Y0.6935
>
> N55 Z0.1000
>
> N60 G2 Z0.0000 I-0.1570 J0.0000
>
> N65 G0 Z1.0000
>
> N70 X0.9855 Y0.9155
>
> N75 Z0.1000
>
> N80 G2 Z0.0000 I-0.0700 J0.0000
>
> N85 G0 Z1.0000
>
> N90 Y0.4715
>
> N95 Z0.1000
>
> N100 G2 Z0.0000 I-0.0700 J0.0000
>
> N105 G0 Z1.0000
>
> N110 X1.3870 Y0.6935
>
> N115 Z0.1000
>
> N120 G2 Z0.0000 I-0.6935 J0.0000
>
> N125 G0 Z1.0000
>
> N130 X0.5415 Y0.9155
>
> N135 Z0.1000
>
> N140 G2 Z0.0000 I-0.0700 J0.0000
>
> N145 G0 Z1.0000
>
> N150 M5
>
> N155 M30

ebiz_59 2009-12-14 20:56:41 UTC gcode question Michael Fagan 2009-12-14 22:12:39 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] gcode question Will Holding 2009-12-16 13:27:10 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] gcode question