CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: DXF point to GCODE in Vmill

Posted by Andrew Werby
on 2010-07-20 12:30:07 UTC
> "Alexander" alexander_ss2000@... alexander_ss2000 wrote:
> Date: Mon Jul 19, 2010 8:19 am ((PDT))
>
> I have a file with a lot points (read 1000's of points) in a DXF file. I somehow need to get this thing into VMill 5.0 so I can convert it into Gcode for my CNC with the appropriate tooling.
>
> I am very green at this - any help in the right direction would be greatly appreciated......
>
> Best regards,
> Alexander

[Are these points places you want to drill holes, or make little divots
in the surface like half-tone dots? Did you want to connect them to make
curves? Or is this a 3d surface expressed as a "cloud of points"?]

Andrew Werby
www.computersculpture.com

Discussion Thread

Andrew Werby 2010-07-20 12:30:07 UTC Re: DXF point to GCODE in Vmill