CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Oscilloscopes to look for

bradandlee@... wrote:
> Around 10 years ago people thought that picking up a Tektronix 465 was a good all around scope for a low power user working with shop problems & diagnostics.
> With all the changes in electronics & digital since then, what is the equivilant good go-to scope to look for these days? Is the Tek still able to serve the job as good as the newer unit, or have some new features appeared that are really great to have?

I wouldn't go for a 4xx series now. There are a number of plastic parts
in them, and they are all now quite brittle. I picked up a 2465 on eBay
a couple years ago, and it is quite nice. Probably more scope than you
need for general testing, though. There are a number of good scopes in
that series, the 24xx is a higher grade of construction, etc. than the 22xx.

There are a number of outfits that make digital storage scopes and
digital scope pods for attachment to a PC. The pods are certainly
small, and if you have a PC handy, that may be a good way to go. Tek
DSOs are likely to be pretty expensive, even used. The ones we use at
work are about $10K (new price).

bradandlee@s... 2010-12-01 14:41:41 UTC Oscilloscopes to look for Paul Amaranth 2010-12-01 16:30:24 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Oscilloscopes to look for Jon Elson 2010-12-01 20:03:50 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Oscilloscopes to look for mrehmus 2010-12-02 22:01:22 UTC Re: Oscilloscopes to look for