CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Emc stepper setup

Posted by Danny Miller
on 2010-12-18 00:09:44 UTC
The Driver25 board looks to be based on the A3977.

The A3977, like pretty much all the Allegro chipsets, are generally
unsuitable for CNC. They cannot resolve microsteps (barely even
fullsteps) when the high driving voltages needed for CNC speed are
employed, due to the large minimum ON-time established by Tblank on
those chips.

Danny