CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: [sherline] holding rings

on 2000-08-14 13:21:41 UTC
Hi Dan,

Well, I wrote a simple 'C' program last night. It takes as arguments:

FileName.CNC Diameter, Height, Depth, Cycles, Precision, Tool Diameter.

And it generates CNC code (6 KB). I have it running, except for
subtracting the tool diameter, Just remembered that the program will
need to reduce the "height" by the tool diameter (1/2 on top, 1/2 on
bottom). I'm checking it out, I believe it does what you asked for.
All I can machine for now is a "flat" ring, as I don't have the rotary
table yet ;>)

Sounds like you're ready to buy a rotary table! I'd suggest a 3700-CNC,
so you have the motor mount included, ready to add a stepper motor.
Please contact me off line if you're interested in what I've written!

Alan

Dan Statman wrote:
>......cut
> Now I need to get a rotary table. Anyone want to
> sell me one for more than the standard 15% discount. If you do, please
> offer off-list so that only you and I need to know.
>
> Thanks, Dan.

Discussion Thread

Alan Marconett KM6VV 2000-08-14 13:21:41 UTC Re: [sherline] holding rings