CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] CAD CAM choices

Posted by Jack McKie
on 2011-05-15 19:34:57 UTC
Hi Sunny00dayz

I use and like Rhinoceros 4 with Rhinocam (visual mill as a plug in).   I also use Flamingo nxt for rendering parts for customers to look at.   These are a lot of bang for the $.  Visual Mill pro is a bit more $ but includes 4th axis and some of the more complex 3D stuff if you need it.    I use Rhino mostly for designing patterns for rubber mold making.   Patterns are either cnc machined or sent out for 3D printing.  Mecsoft also has a free CAM on their site to play with.

Jack

--- On Sat, 5/14/11, sunny00dayz <sunny00dayz@...> wrote:

From: sunny00dayz <sunny00dayz@...>
Subject: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] CAD CAM choices
To: CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO@yahoogroups.com
Date: Saturday, May 14, 2011, 4:21 PM

New to the group, I have also been looking over CNCZone as well.

Any suggestions.

I've been reviewing about 5-7 different CAD/CAM software systems and
have narrowed it down.

I must say that Dolphin CAD/CAM is the front runner so far.

I've already eliminated Bobcad. 3 days of messing with it, I got
absolutely no where except my phone rung right off the ringer with car
salesman like sales guys. I couldn't get the software to do anything
right.

Visualmill is nice, but limited on cad.
Turbocadcam is cheap, but rather clumsy.
Dolphin's cad isn't the greatest, but I absolutely love how easy the cam
is to manuever around.

VisualMill <www.mecsoft.com>

Turbocad <http://turbocadcam.com>

Dolphin CAD/CAM <http://www.dolphincadcamusa.com>

sunny00dayz 2011-05-15 19:03:41 UTC CAD CAM choices Jack McKie 2011-05-15 19:34:57 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] CAD CAM choices