CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Stepper controller not working

Posted by Lester Caine
on 2011-06-27 23:12:08 UTC
John wrote:
> I have had a Routout CNC machine for a couple of years but after laying idle over the winter it is not working.
> I have considered this to be a 'plug and play' device and have no knowledge of the detailed workings but have acquired enough skills to operate the machine.
> I have some knowledge of electronics and expect I could repair the stepper controller if I could identify the fault but I don't know how to.
>
> If anyone can point me in the wright direction I would be most grateful.

Without a little more information on what is working and what isn't ....
But if a stepper driver has failed, replacing the whole driver is the only real
option on this type of kit, the surface mount stuff is difficult to repair
without the right tools.

--
Lester Caine - G8HFL

John 2011-06-27 17:53:03 UTC Stepper controller not working Lester Caine 2011-06-27 23:12:08 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Stepper controller not working