CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] gecko replaced xylotex

Posted by Ron Thompson
on 2011-11-24 08:53:27 UTC
On 11/24/2011 11:26 AM, Chuck Merja wrote:
> Thanks to all who helped with the power supply, Xylotex replacement on my
> minimill! The Gecko G540s moved the minimill last night, and we actually
> cut a part! Still running off 24V power supply, but steppers seem
> smoother.
> I'd better check the microstepping setting in MACH - just remembered that.
>
> One more question though - I copied the old "minimill" XML and made the
> pinouts etc correct, then ran the unit and found the "steps per unit
> length"
> in MACH were now off by about 24%. So was I really missing that many steps
> with the Xylotex, or is there some other reason that I don't understand??
>
> Thanks again and HAPPY Thanksgiving!
>
> Chuck Merja
The G540 is 10 microstep.

--

Ron Thompson

Think, Draw, Print. 3D printers ROCK!

http://www.plansandprojects.com/My%20Machines/Prusa_Mendel1/

Visit the castinghobby FAQ:

Chuck Merja 2011-11-24 08:26:59 UTC gecko replaced xylotex Ron Thompson 2011-11-24 08:53:27 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] gecko replaced xylotex Dan Mauch 2011-11-24 09:39:47 UTC Re: gecko replaced xylotex