CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Mach3 homing 2

Posted by Douglas Vogt
on 2012-03-28 05:04:31 UTC
The Mach3 lathe setup is a bit confusing with absolute versus machine coordinates compared with Mach3 turn . I've completed retrofitting a Sears ("Pre-Sherline") with motors and everything works OK. I haven't run a program yet but suspect the Artsoft Mach 3 Forum may help answer some questions. Try http://www.machsupport.com/forum.

________________________________
From: Roland Jollivet <Roland.Jollivet@...>
To: CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO@yahoogroups.com
Sent: Thursday, March 22, 2012 6:47 AM
Subject: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Mach3 homing 2

Hi All

More homing questions..

The main issue is that I want to do a proper homing withing the program.

I see that G28 only homes to where the machine THINKS 0,0,0 is. It does not
do a proper homing function. Whats the point of that?

I see G28.1 does a proper homing, but only through an intermediate point,
like G28.1 X10. So it will go to X10 and then home. Which is also pretty
useless because the machine may be in an unknown place. Especially if I
abort, and just want to hit cycle start again. G28.1 alone does nothing.

My dilemma is that I want the machine to do a proper home from within the
program. I am going to run repititive parts, and want to ensure that no
steps are lost successivley, because I'm turning plastic and the swarf
sometimes gets out of hand or jams between the cutter and part, losing
steps. I just want to hit cycle start and it should home as part of the
program.

Problem is, if I use G28, it simply goes to an assumed place. If I use
G28.1, I need more parameters, but now the + and - of directions is all
mucked up because G28.1 uses the program 0,0 and not the machine 0,0.

So is it possible to do a proper, straightfoward machine home from within a
Mach3 program?

Regards
Roland

Roland Jollivet 2012-03-22 03:48:10 UTC [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Mach3 homing 2 Douglas Vogt 2012-03-28 05:04:31 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Mach3 homing 2