CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] 4th & 5th axis rotary table - Grizzly

Posted by Doug Fortune
on 2000-08-19 08:30:44 UTC
David M. Munro wrote:

> For my BP cnc conversion, I was planning to fit a 4th servo to a standard
> (but good quality) rotary table. It has been pointed out to me that the
> backlash on a manual rotary table in going to do me in, and that I should
> consider using a rotary table specifically designed for CNC work.

regarding the Grizzly $895 190 lb 10" 2 axis rotary table on page 61 of their
Summer 2000 flier, I contacted Bill Crofutt <billcrofutt@...>
of their Bellingham store, and he says the backlash can be adjusted
out of it (possibly creating harder turning for some of the rotation).

So I'm thinking that will make a nice unit for cnc conversion.

Doug Fortune

Discussion Thread

Doug Fortune 2000-08-19 08:30:44 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] 4th & 5th axis rotary table - Grizzly