CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

RE: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Windoze Box

Posted by Dave Halliday
on 2013-03-31 12:12:11 UTC
Windows XP -- connect it to the internet and let it get all of its updates
and then, when running your CNC, keep it disconnected from the internet.
Use it just as a stand-alone CNC driver.

I have a host machine (Win7) that I connect to the internet through the
default 192.168.x.x address. I have a second NIC in this machine and 'talk'
to my CNC controller through the 10.x.x.x address space.

This way, the CNC controller never sees the internet but I can develop stuff
on my host machine and it sees the CNC controller just fine. Also, if I
need to install something on the CNC controller, I download it to my host
machine and then upload it from there to the controller.

There is also a $40 utility called XP Lite that can be used to remove
unnecessary files from your XP install but there can be some drawbacks.

http://forums.techguy.org/tech-tips-reviews/369126-why-i-dont-use-programs.h
tml

Dave

Discussion Thread

Bill 2013-03-31 09:07:31 UTC Windoze Box Dave Halliday 2013-03-31 12:12:11 UTC RE: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Windoze Box Jon Elson 2013-03-31 12:46:53 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Windoze Box FocusKnobs 2013-03-31 12:55:19 UTC RE: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Windoze Box Henri Monnier 2013-03-31 17:40:09 UTC Re: Windoze Box Dave Halliday 2013-03-31 21:44:57 UTC RE: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Re: Windoze Box Bill 2013-04-10 06:19:58 UTC Re: Windoze Box David G. LeVine 2013-04-10 12:02:19 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Re: Windoze Box