CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: stepper size

Posted by Gary
on 2000-08-21 07:02:18 UTC
--- In CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO@egroups.com, "Chris Salter" <salterc@v...>
wrote:
> I have been building a DRO/CNS system form scratch and found these
sites to be very helful. I am on a VERY tight "entertainment" budget
so everything has been hom built so far. Dan's CAMTRONICS boards and
controllers would be the way to go if the money isn't a problem.
Also
check out DANCAD and DANCAM. I agree with Tim that the NEMA 23
motors
will be strong enough if you use a rack/pinion drive. I have a size
23 motor driving a gantry on a test setup and the gantry has carried
120 pounds on homemade V-ways with a 1/2-10 ACME screw drive and the
motor does not work hard at all.
http://WWW.BOONDOG.com/http://www.geocities.com/SiliconValley/Lab/3685
/plotter/oldplotter.htm http://www.geocities.com/mklotz.geo/#top
http://hans-w.com/http://www.mcs.net/~kulaga/dro.html
I am building a 3 axis plasma cutter, the controller I am looking at
> will supply 1.25 A per phase. will that drive a large enough motor,
> want the table to be 4' x 8' . Or does anyone know what size motor
> need and what controller would work.
>
> p.s. I am just getting started in this , so please be patient..
>

> Thanks
>
> Chris Salter

Discussion Thread

Chris Salter 2000-08-18 10:36:35 UTC stepper size Doug Warner 2000-08-18 18:17:51 UTC Lois of surplus motors and drive bits here Gary 2000-08-21 07:02:18 UTC Re: stepper size