CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO Semi-OT: small home shops and profitibility

Posted by Jon Anderson
on 2000-08-22 07:40:35 UTC
Matt Shaver wrote:

> I finally hit upon a plan that worked. A friend of mine was working
> at Domino's Pizza near this shop. I called him and ordered 20
> assorted pizzas and a bunch of canned soda (almost 100 people worked
> at this shop). I then called the receptionist and told her
> to tell the guy I wanted to speak with that I'd be by at noon with
> lunch for everyone, and that I'd like to have 5 minutes of his time.

OUTSTANDING creativity! That's more in the realm of the self employed
than the side line shop, but the concept is great! No boss with an ounce
of brains is going to let the employees find out they all lost out on
free pizza because he wouldn't meet some someone just trying to get some
work.

You never know when a favor or good deed will return!

I worked for a local sheetmetal/fab shop for 9 years. From employee #3
to it's then new 45,000sqf building. Been gone from there close to ten
years now, but many people in local business still remember me (helps
that I can easily pass for the owner's brother...<G>) and that itself
has opened doors.

Jon Anderson 2000-08-22 07:40:35 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO Semi-OT: small home shops and profitibility