CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: CAM to EMC

Posted by Tim Goldstein
on 1999-06-19 09:26:56 UTC
Dan,

I did increase the number of decimal places and I still am having problems
with I & J occasionally. Some times they work and sometimes they don't. R
works fine for me with the increased decimal places except that Vector seems
to want to make one line with the I & J format as it goes into G42 and it
usually gives me an error. If I manually convert it to R format and change
nothing else I works fine.

I did notice when setting Vector to R that is didn't seem to take effect
correctly a few times, but after setting it and closing Vector and starting
it again all was well.

I do have the home switches set up on my lathe configuration and they work
great. On the mill configuration I just set then in the ini file to by
changing the HOME_SWITCH_POLARITY so EMC thinks they are already tripped and
then the home function acts just like there are no switches attached and
sets the selected axis as being home in the position it is sitting when you
hit the home button.