CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] COMET Mill

Joe Vicars wrote:

> Can anyone tell me who makes or supports parts for a Comet Mill
> (bridgeport knock off)
> I need a leadscrew nut assembly (x & Y 9" x 42") and also want to
> make sure parts are common and /or available.

There's a good chence these are compatible with Bridgeport parts.
Bridgeport uses a bronze cylinder for nuts. You cut them into 2
slices, making two short rings, and adjust the clamping screw until they

just travel smoothly from one end to the other, without binding.
Unless yours are incredibly worn, they don't need to be replaced.

Jon Elson 2000-08-29 12:39:02 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] COMET Mill