CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: AutoEditNC 3.0--NC Code Editor

on 2000-08-30 12:11:13 UTC
Bill and the list,

I had downloaded AutoEditNC 3.0 some time before, but it didn't like my
ISO (? if that's what they are) cnc files from VectorCAD. FlashCut
likes them, MAXNC does too. In fact, even my CNC program (in progress)
can display it. Perhaps AutoEditNC likes Fanuc? *MOST* likely, I've
just not done something right.

I'd like to download a sample manual for the program, or maybe some
simple steps to enable me to view this file! I never could get much out
of "HELP" menus, unless I already know what I'm looking for!
VectorCAD/CAM comes with a simulator, so I will probably just use it (as
soon as I can read up on it). Guess I just like the *OLD* paper
documentation better. The Post-em's keep falling off the monitor!

Another idea for the tutorial section: What are all these standards
(Fanuc, ISO, etc)? Perhaps some good demo files (for us NEW little
machine guys).

Alan

(Engine Plate 8/30/00 alm)
N05 F5
N10 G00 X-0.250 Y1.000 Z0.000
N11 G01 X-0.250 Y0.650
N12 G02 X-0.312 Y0.541 I-0.125 J0.000
N13 G03 X-0.466 Y-0.417 I0.312 J-0.541
N14 G02 X-0.559 Y-0.625 I-0.093 J-0.083
N15 G01 X-1.125 Y-0.625
N16 G02 X-1.250 Y-0.500 I0.000 J0.125
N17 G01 X-1.250 Y1.000
N18 G02 X-1.125 Y1.125 I0.125 J0.000
N19 G01 X-0.375 Y1.125
N20 G02 X-0.250 Y1.000 I0.000 J-0.125

wanliker@... wrote:
> http://www.teleport.com/~mattsonm/autonc.htm
>
> I found this site interesting. And the software is free.
> bill
>
> AutoEditNC is a specialized text editor with NC code creation tools.
> AutoEditNC will also simulate the movements of the machine tool so that the
> student can test his or her program for accuracy and reliablility.

Discussion Thread

Alan Marconett KM6VV 2000-08-30 12:11:13 UTC Re: AutoEditNC 3.0--NC Code Editor