CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

SV: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Ironless DC-motors

Posted by Anders Blix
on 2000-09-03 11:55:21 UTC

> > At 04:59 PM 9/2/2000 +0200, Anders Blix wrote:
> >
> > >Annybody know of a good source for Ironless (moving coil)
> > DC-motors???
> > >They can be of either moving basket or moving disc type. And they
> > have to
> > >have a torque of more than 150 zo-in (at least more or less). They
> > should
> > >(hopefully) be rated for more than 150 Watt.
> > >

> Yikes! That eliminates the Electro-Craft and Escap motors. these
> companies make small motors with ironless rotors. I think some

[Anders Blix] Electrocraft have the exact motors I idealy want.
M1460 are rated at 300 watts uncooled, and 500 with air cooling! But they
are as I told way to expensive.
Anny Electrocraft M motor are of interrest.

> Kollmorgen motors may reach this torque and power level, but that
> is iffy, too. I know Yaskawa makes larger motors in the Minertia
> line, which go from low inertia to infinitesimal inertia (inversely
> proportional to cost, of course). They have ironless rotors,
> rare earth magnets, ceramic shafts, all sorts of exotic features.

[Anders Blix] I have seen them, and they look even more expensive!
The Kollmorgen motors look like someting I could use as well, but I have to
get them second hand. Annybody know of anny????

Anders

Discussion Thread

Anders Blix 2000-09-03 11:55:21 UTC SV: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Ironless DC-motors Anders Blix 2001-02-27 07:25:33 UTC SV: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Ironless DC-motors dave engvall 2001-02-27 07:38:20 UTC Re: SV: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Ironless DC-motors