CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] RE: Heads up, CNC mill going cheap on ebay

ballendo@... wrote:

> >Anyone have any idea how to get one of these things off a truck?
>
> Ask them to use a lift-gate truck when they drop it off (or should I
> say bring it by :-) )
>
> Other solutions possible, but lift-gates are sooo.. nice.
>
> Ballendo
>
> P.S. Yes, it will handle the weight. But ask, to be sure.

Are you sure? The base manual Ser II machine is listed by Bridgeport at
6000
LBs. Are lift gates designed for 3+ tons? I'd be real nervous with the
high center
of gravity of the mill, rocking back and forth on a lift gate.

Darrell 2000-09-03 21:09:53 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] RE: Heads up, CNC mill going cheap on ebay Jon Elson 2000-09-04 00:18:30 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] RE: Heads up, CNC mill going cheap on ebay