CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: Al Bradley

on 2000-09-04 12:06:04 UTC
In a message dated 09/04/2000 1:54:11 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
jmelson@... writes:

> Yes, I have a complete, working (last time I fired it up) 7320. The
> software was great
> (for that vintage) the hardware was prety good, but some things were
> wierd.
> Like the cabinet cooler that was switched on when the air inside the
> cabinet
> reached 145 F!

Jon,
What machine was/is it on?
I've got a J&L lathe with a 73(30)? on it.
Looses it's exec. on a regular basis.
I guess J&L went cheap on it, there are no canned
cycles, and only .090 max tool offset!
The Hardinge A/B's of similar vintage ('79-'81)
have much better software.
Most any I've ever looked at always have
the 2A & 5A fuses in the memory power supply replaced
with 10's or 15's. Yes 145f! about right for keeping pizza,
could double as a warming oven I suspect.
Looks like better (PC based) times are coming.
Dan K

Discussion Thread

dkmachine@a... 2000-09-04 12:06:04 UTC Re: Al Bradley