CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: DANCAM Upgrade???

Posted by Gary
on 2000-09-07 10:28:10 UTC
Bill,
Thanks for the info on DANCAM. I am not educated enough yet to
understand all the different interface possibilities with all the
different programs and types of files yet. I am involved in
experimental and homebuilt aircraft and lots of people are
struggling with panel lighting. I worked on military fighters for
15+ yearss an electrician and high quality back lit panels are easy
to build and light if the basic design is correct. FAA
certification is not in my future as all the panels will be
more-or-less custom one-off jobs. I plan on incorpoprating fiber
optic sourcing into the panels like the "new" fighters use. I also
have "perfected" a way to light instruments using th epanel itself
instead of peanut lights on the instrument edges. I'll let you
know how this all turns out.--- In CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO@egroups.com,
William Scalione <scalione@h...>
wrote:

> Gary wrote:
>

> > I have DANCAD/DANCAM installed and am, overall, very pleased with
the
> > results so far. I plan on building a "high-speed"
engraver/plotter
> > for making aircraft back-lit panels, etc. and would be very
> > interested
> > in finding a source for enhanced fonts and symbols that could be
> > loaded into the DANCAM .dat files. Anyone ever done this?
> >

> Gary,
>
> I work as an avionics technician for a major airline and after
seeing the
> prices of the back-lit panels (we call them light plates) I also
thought
> of engraving them. Problem is getting FAA certification to do this
will
> not be easy. I think this is one of the reasons aircraft parts cost
so much.
> If you are doing this for your own use, I guess the what the FAA
doesn't
> know wont hurt them.
>
> Don't know where you can get fonts for DanCam, possibly Dan Mauch
> from Camtronics knows, he used to distribute it. DanCam can use HPGL
> though and any graphics program should be able to output that so
you
can
> use any font you want.
>
> Bill

Discussion Thread

William Scalione 2000-09-02 14:47:43 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] DANCAM Upgrade??? Gary 2000-09-07 10:27:34 UTC Re: DANCAM Upgrade??? Gary 2000-09-07 10:28:10 UTC Re: DANCAM Upgrade???