CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: USGS data, StlTrans, StlWork

on 2000-09-07 11:01:04 UTC
Fred,

So we go FROM .DEM through StlTrans (.STL) TO StlWork (that's where my
.STL's will come from!). And StlWork does the CUTTING in a raster
fashion, as I meant to say.

I went back through the posts, and I couldn't find a .DLG file mentioned
in your posts; I guess it was from mine, or wishful thinking. Any
chance .DLG could be added? The data organization is different; sets of
points (contours) pointed to by sets of points. Not a "raster"
organization, like .DEM files. Has more information then .DEM's, and as
I understand, .DEM's are made from .DLG's. I've examined both sets of
data for a QUAD, and the .DLG data is somehow more aesthetically
pleasing (er, the image on the screen). Actually, .DEM's should be
straight forward to cut, already in a raster organization, just some
scaling required.

And watching it cut! The mill following contours is much more
interesting then just back and forth raster cuts!

Alan (but then, I like to go around in circles!)