CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: Thoughts on Gcode interpreters and CNC controls....

Posted by Hugh Currin
on 2000-09-07 20:44:59 UTC
Crew:

At 11:18 PM 9/7/00 -0400, Peter wrote:

> I was looking at how the Aerotech guys had their CNC
>set up and found they use an "engine" that requires the code to be
>compiled first. They could use a high level language sorta like C? G code
>or one more. You could mix the different languages in the same program.
>Compile this and run the finished code. Supposed to be real flexible. I
>was concerned with having to recompile everytime I needed to tweak a
>program. I guess it is OK for a production run but for one offs, it'd be
>too much work.

Would it help much to have a g-code to g-code converter? I mean to input
complete g-code including tool compensation etc. and output a simple
sub-set understood by "all" controllers. It would be very simple to tweek
the input code and re-compile. The output would also be in "readable"
g-code so small changes could be made to it. (Yes, and then the input
source would be out of step with the compiled code. Better to always
change the source and recompile. :-) )

Besides a speed advantage there would be a much better chance for the
output code to run on "any" particular controller. And it would add all
the "nice" features to a basic controller.

Just a thought.

Hugh

Hugh & Denise Currin
currin@...
Klamath Falls, Oregon USA
541/884-3023

Discussion Thread

Matt Shaver 2000-09-07 18:49:32 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Thoughts on Gcode interpreters and CNC controls.... dougrasmussen@c... 2000-09-07 19:25:41 UTC Re: Thoughts on Gcode interpreters and CNC controls.... ptengin@a... 2000-09-07 20:18:13 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Thoughts on Gcode interpreters and CNC controls.... Hugh Currin 2000-09-07 20:44:59 UTC Re: Thoughts on Gcode interpreters and CNC controls.... JanRwl@A... 2000-09-07 20:49:53 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Thoughts on Gcode interpreters and CNC controls.... Kevin P. Martin 2000-09-08 07:27:01 UTC RE: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Thoughts on Gcode interpreters and CNC controls....