CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Lead screw error compensation

on 2000-09-08 04:54:55 UTC
Hugh Currin wrote:

> Also, I suspect the lead error is quite consistent along any given
> screw. If this is the case it wouldn't be too hard to scale
> drawings and/or resulting g-code to minimize this. Particularly
> if, as suggested in recent posts, calculations can be done right
> in the g-code. A few hours measuring should give a very good
> idea what these errors are for a particular installation and see
> if they are consistent. Does this seem possible? Has anyone
> done this?

In the old jig borers, I think the Pratt and Whitney was this way, the table nuts were on a lever arm, and the end of the lever
followed a linear cam that was specifically designed to compensate for the error in that particular acme screw. That way the dials
always had the correct reading for the table position. No reason that I can think of that this couldn't be done in software.

David M. Munro

Discussion Thread

David M. Munro 2000-09-08 04:54:55 UTC Lead screw error compensation Tim Goldstein 2000-09-08 06:59:32 UTC RE: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Lead screw error compensation ballendo@y... 2000-09-08 07:30:12 UTC RE: Lead screw error compensation