CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Re: 4th axis rotary with a 3 axis control, cutter comp.

on 2000-09-08 05:05:22 UTC
Alan Marconett KM6VV wrote:

> I Cut the Eccentric Follower in styrofoam last night. ... Dust not as bad as I
> expected. I made more of a mess trying to cut a chunk out of the sheet of
>
> insulation, and trying to slice it into 1" thick slab, then milling it!
> Tonight, I try again, with the comp's removed. Oh, and I found out
> afterwards, the end mill I grabbed was LARGER then the 1/4" I thought I
> had. Good thing it' only styrofoam!

They make a version of the hard jewelers casting wax for CNC tryouts. No dust or mess, and the part is hard enough to mike. I suppose you could even cast it!

David M. Munro

Discussion Thread

David M. Munro 2000-09-08 05:05:22 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Re: 4th axis rotary with a 3 axis control, cutter comp.