CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Re: Are there CNC-only jobs, or is it only for duplicates?

beer@... wrote:

> I bought a boring head for my mill. I've never used it, and may never
>
> use it. ( Except POSSIBLY to bore a cylinder on one of my bikes )
> Need
> a pretty darn round hole ? Program one !

Well, unless you have a TRULY fine machine, the hole won't come out
round.
Pretty close, but still a few thousandths out of round. But, you can
orbit out
a slightly undersize hole in a minute or two, and then use the boring
head
to make it truly round.

> A ball turning tool for the lathe ? No need.

Definitely true. Also, a taper attachment.

Jon Elson 2000-09-08 13:52:36 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Re: Are there CNC-only jobs, or is it only for duplicates?