CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Re: fonts

on 2000-09-11 07:17:22 UTC
ballendo@... wrote:

> Jon Elson wrote:
>
> <snip>Unfortunately, PostScript and many other systems use bitmaps to
> createthe printed fonts.
>
> Postscript IS a vector based description language, including fonts.
> The vectors are TRANSLATED into raster bitmaps for output.
>
> This is also the case for windows truetype fonts.
>
> Don Lancaster's site, the guru's lair at: www.tinaja.com has a WEALTH
> of info re: postscript. Don is something of a postscript Zealot.
> Books, etc.
>
> Anyone interested in PS fonts: There is a public domain program (with
> source code available) called ghostscript which duplicates the PS
> functionality.
>
> Somewhere on a hard drive, I have a TTF description(pulled from the
> web), also. If someone's interested, I'll look for it.
>
> Ballendo

Get ghostscript and gsview (a viewing program for ghostscript) and you
can output Postscript, PDF, EPS files to vector format including DXF.

Bill

Discussion Thread

William Scalione 2000-09-11 07:17:22 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Re: fonts Jon Elson 2000-09-11 13:57:46 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Re: fonts dave engvall 2000-09-11 15:01:38 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Re: fonts