CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: Metal Bender Question

on 2000-09-12 14:25:57 UTC
Whew, lots of questions..

For tubing the rotary draw benders have the advantage of being able
to use an internal mandrel for support in bending thin wall. With a
rotary type all the bending takes place in the same location with
respect to the bender. The unbent end of the tube has to move as the
bending occurs.

With the "unknown" type the bending occurs as the material is rotated
around the center die. The unbent end will be stationary.

Other than the internal mandrel issues, I'm not sure of any big
advantage of one over the other. Both can do high precision,
repeatable bending.

The ram type benders are usually thought of for lesser precision
work. And might not be able to do as thin wall tube as the others.

Comparing the Diacro and Hossfeld...as you mention the Hossfeld's
have a larger material bending capacity than any of the Diacro's.
However, the Hossfeld is much more difficult to setup and much harder
to get repeatable bends. Comparing their instruction manuals, it
looks like both will do the same things, within their relative
capacities. Costwise, you could buy a couple Hossfeld's for the
price of one Diacro. I'd take the Diacro over the Hossfeld anyday!!

Doug

--- In CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO@egroups.com, STAN MCDONALD <SMCDONAL@K...>

Discussion Thread

STAN MCDONALD 2000-09-12 13:33:33 UTC Metal Bender Question dougrasmussen@c... 2000-09-12 14:25:57 UTC Re: Metal Bender Question