CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Ball Screws for my Mill ?

currinh@... wrote:

> But now for my question. My mill has a 9x42 table and I've pulled
> the
> lead screws and measured them. They are very close to the drawings
> for these Bridgeport kits but for one dimension. The Y lead is
> longer
> than indicated for a 9" table. In fact, it matches the dimensions
> for
> the 12" Bridgeport table. The Y travel on my SuperMax is specified
> at
> 12". Does anyone know the Y travels for Bridgeports with 9" and 12"
> tables? Is anyone familiar with these Taiwan 9x42 mills having
> longer
> than normal Y travel? I suppose it could be a weird duck.

The original Bridgeport Round-Ram turret mill had 9" Y travel. All
machines made
since the early sixties (not exactly sure when they swiched, but it came
in with the
dovetail ram) have a 12" Y travel. The series I machines still have a
9" wide table,
but 12" of travel in that direction.

Jon Elson 2000-09-16 23:47:49 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Ball Screws for my Mill ? JanRwl@A... 2000-09-17 19:21:53 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Ball Screws for my Mill ?