CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Masking Was Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Black Anodizing

Posted by Rick Dulas
on 2000-09-17 08:36:12 UTC
Howdy All! What an interesting thread. Art Supply stores carry/carried?
Frisket paper, a slightly tacky masking paper used in airbrushing. Apply
it to the anodized surface, burnishing well, engrave through it, paint
and remove. Or make your own with spray adhesive applied to "onion
skin". When using any of these adhesive masks, keep some Naptha on hand
for gum removal. It is a great solvent for sticky stuff, and does not
seem to attack most paints nor much of anything else. CAUTION - Naptha
is the active ingredient in lighter fluid. It is flammable... But a lot
less volatile than Laquer Thinner or Acetone. But from what I've seen so
far, the phone book trick is the coolest. <G>

Rick Dulas

Rick Dulas 2000-09-17 08:36:12 UTC Masking Was Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Black Anodizing JanRwl@A... 2000-09-17 19:57:05 UTC Re: Masking Was Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Black Anodizing