CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: Erickson collet information needed.

on 2000-09-17 10:39:17 UTC
Lee,

Your description sounds like an Erickson DA400 collet. I have a set
of those that came with an Erickson pneumatic collet closer. As far
as I know that's the largest of the DA series that Erickson makes,
up to 1" capacity. Since I got these I've kept my eyes open for
other manufacturers that might make this same series. So far I think
Erickson is the only one that makes this particular size of double
angle collet. It looks to me like the DA collets are losing out in
popularity to other types, like the ER/RD's, so I don't expect other
collet makers will be making the DA400 size in the future. It may
not even be a current item with Erickson since they had a hard time
figuring out exactly what I had a few years ago. They are listed in
a 1992 Erickson/Kennametal "rotating NC tooling" catalog.

LC Keir Machinery near Seattle had a used holder and a few of these
collets a while back. 1-425-392-6493.

Doug

--- In CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO@egroups.com, Lee & Chris studley
<indigo_red@u...> wrote:
> Hi All,
> I have a tool holder that uses larger Erickson collets and need
information
> on sources for these and/or model type collet this is?
>
> Physical Dimensions: lenght=2" diameter=1.5" "double angle" type

> | | |
> | | 1.5"
> | | |

> Enco sell a lookalike Ericson set but they are physically
smaller.?...

bfp 2000-09-16 23:36:24 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Black Anodizing ptengin@a... 2000-09-17 06:14:42 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Black Anodizing dave engvall 2000-09-17 09:09:59 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Black Anodizing Lee & Chris studley 2000-09-17 09:46:14 UTC Erickson collet information needed. dougrasmussen@c... 2000-09-17 10:39:17 UTC Re: Erickson collet information needed. JanRwl@A... 2000-09-17 19:46:36 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Black Anodizing