CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Great Bridgeport Mill for CNC conversion.

on 2000-09-22 05:39:10 UTC
I'm pretty sure it is a MOOG HYDRAPOINTE base. One of thr first tape driven
nc of the seventies. I owned two, still have one that is used as a heavy duty
drill press.

The original machines were all hydraulic using air logic for the control.
Worked good when it worked which was seldom. Good machines for
conversions as the are very solid. The column and ram are standard
Bridgeport.

Bob

>Tom wrote:
>
>> For those interested in an Easy CNC conversion, have a look at this.
>>
>> http://cgi.ebay.com/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=439345469
>
>A really solid base for the X axis slide! I'm not sure what this
>machine was, but
>it doesn't look like either a manual bridgeport or a Series I CNC,
>either.
>I'm wondering if it was built up on a Tru-trace base.

Discussion Thread

Tom 2000-09-21 14:20:58 UTC Great Bridgeport Mill for CNC conversion. Jon Elson 2000-09-21 23:00:15 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Great Bridgeport Mill for CNC conversion. Robert Bachman 2000-09-22 05:39:10 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Great Bridgeport Mill for CNC conversion.