CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Great Bridgeport Mill for CNC conversion.

Tom wrote:

> For those interested in an Easy CNC conversion, have a look at this.
>
> http://cgi.ebay.com/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=439345469

A really solid base for the X axis slide! I'm not sure what this
machine was, but
it doesn't look like either a manual bridgeport or a Series I CNC,
either.
I'm wondering if it was built up on a Tru-trace base. The leadscrew
arrangement
(especially the X axis) is definitely not like what has been used on the
BOSS
series machines. But, it looks like a very good conversion, and the
full support
of the table should make it a much better machine that a standard
Bridgeport.
Too bad it is so far from me.

Tom 2000-09-21 14:20:58 UTC Great Bridgeport Mill for CNC conversion. Jon Elson 2000-09-21 23:00:15 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Great Bridgeport Mill for CNC conversion. Robert Bachman 2000-09-22 05:39:10 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Great Bridgeport Mill for CNC conversion.