CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Digest Number 717

Posted by Andrew Werby
on 2000-09-23 11:43:40 UTC
The "DLX" version runs unlimited size files. Some earlier versions, as Dan
says, had problems if you exceeded a certain size file. The new CL software
(for their Closed Loop machines) has both "run" and "DNC" modes. If the
file exceeds the size limit for the look-ahead buffer in "run", it refers
you to DNC (Direct Numerical Control), which handles unlimited sizes, but
without look-ahead (hence no tool offsets, etc.) . If you have an older
version, you should be able to upgrade to a newer one for a small fee-
contact the company, since they'll want to verify your original software
purchase.]

Andrew Werby
www.computersculpture.com

"Dan Mauch" <dmauch@...>wrote:
Subject: Re: Max NC File Size

The older version of Maxnc had a 256K max file size. I believe the newer
version is unlimited but call Otto at Maxnc to be sure.
Dan

John Harnedy <machatak@...> wrote:

>Hi list,
>Am using MaxNC, and when doing 3d contouring, find that sometimes it
>stops during the program.
>
>This makes me believe that there is some limit to the maximum file size?
>
>Anybody have similar experiences?
>
>What is the largest file size that users have used on their software?
>
>I have already deleted the line numbers to reduce the file size, any
>other tips?
>
>Thanks
>John

Andrew Werby - United Artworks
Sculpture, Jewelry, and Other Art Stuff
http://unitedartworks.com

Discussion Thread

Andrew Werby 2000-09-23 11:43:40 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Digest Number 717