CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: Cad Programs - some notes

Posted by Fred Smith
on 2000-09-25 14:41:11 UTC
--- In CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO@egroups.com, "David M. Munro" <munro@a...>
wrote:
>Also, her computer is a windows machine, which I got primarily to
use Vector, for doing CAM work when my new CNC machines
> arrive. Vector seems like a good program, but as a primary cad
platform, well, lets say it's not very intuitive. (Do you really
> have to type in the coordinates of every piece of geometry you
draw?) Also it lacks commands like polar duplicate which I think
> are essential.

David - Not having to type in the coordinates of every piece of
geometry you draw IS one of the main features of Vector. You can free
hand sketch points and lines & draw arcs to snap points, and also
lines "about" where you want them, with the draw line aligned. The
whole concept of vector is to select an object, and then perform
actions on it or with it. This means in many cases to create new
geometry like parallel lines, offset curves, pockets, multiple copies
in geometric patterns, automatically close open contours,
automatically connect geometry that is spread around, fillet 15
corners in a selected chain, etc. Of course you can also go back and
edit the coordinates of any of the geometry if you want to change it
absolutely(modify), or with the modify "mode", you can drag it from
one position to another.

Would polar duplicate be something like the Vector Copy-Paste with
rotation and multiple copies?

Best Regards,

Fred Smith
IMService

Discussion Thread

John Stevenson 2000-09-22 14:07:18 UTC Cad Programs - some notes Doug Harrison 2000-09-22 16:27:24 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Cad Programs - some notes Lee Studley 2000-09-22 16:52:11 UTC Re: Cad Programs - some notes Ray 2000-09-23 09:08:50 UTC Re: Cad Programs - some notes machines@n... 2000-09-23 15:03:28 UTC Re: Cad Programs - some notes David M. Munro 2000-09-25 05:54:26 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Cad Programs - some notes dave engvall 2000-09-25 06:49:00 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Cad Programs - some notes Fred Smith 2000-09-25 14:41:11 UTC Re: Cad Programs - some notes David M. Munro 2000-10-06 19:56:13 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Cad Programs - some notes