CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] milling materials

brycebernard@... wrote:

> I have tried milling Plexiglass using a Dremel multi with small bits
> and had no sucess. the plexiglass tends to melt together (even when
> submerged in water while milling).

I have done some work in Plexiglas, using solid carbide pointed burr
type bits. It is pretty important to keep the work feeding into the
cutter. Feeding too slow definitely caused melting of the material.
I have cut some geometric patterns into black Plexiglas, see
http://ascc.artsci.wustl.edu/~jmelson/artwork.html for pictures
of 2 of them. I had to pick the residue of melted plastic out of
the groove after it was done. I did this with a little water pooled
on the surface, which definitely helped.

brycebernard@c... 2000-10-03 09:25:14 UTC milling materials Jon Elson 2000-10-03 18:22:41 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] milling materials